Info Cubic Japan (the “Company”) may choose to collect personal information about customers and persons who make inquiries to the Company (collectively, “Customers”).
Accordingly, the Company hereby announces its policy on handling such information (the “Policy”).
1. Terms and definitions
The term “personal information” as used in this Policy shall mean information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information (including such information will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual).
2. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company may use the personal information acquired from Customers only within the extent needed to achieve the objectives as listed below, except in cases in which the consent of the Customers in question was obtained. However, the above shall not apply to cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) or other laws and regulations:
- To offer, sell or send products and services that the Company is providing or may provide in the future (“the Company’s Services”) to Customers;
- To communicate (including communicating by direct mail and email) information about the Company’s Services to Customers;
- To communicate (including communicating by direct mail and email) information about products or services of a third party with whom the Company has an ongoing contractual relationship (“the Company’s Business Partners”);
- To verify or authenticate the Customers in question when providing the Company’s Services to the Customers;
- To provide after-sales services incidental to the Company’s Services to Customers or to respond to inquiries and complaints from Customers;
- To conduct questionnaires to Customers and analyze the results of questionnaires;
- To compile and analyze statistical data based on personal information in a format that is no longer individually identifiable and to provide the data to a third party as necessary; and
- To improve the Company’s Services and develop new services.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
Except as provided below, the Company shall not provide personal information to any third party without approval of the Customers in question:
- When it is necessary to cooperate with an agency of the state or local government organization or their agent in the execution of their duty according to laws and regulations; and
- In other cases in which it is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) or other laws and regulations.
4. Disclosure of personal information
If Customers request disclosure of their own personal information, the Company will respond without delay by delivering a written document. However, if any of the following cases applies as a result of such disclosure, the Company may determine not to disclose all or part of the personal information:
- When the fulfilment of the request may cause damage to the life, body, property or other rights or interests of Customers themselves or any third party;
- When the fulfilment of the request may cause material impediment to the proper execution of the Company’s business; or
- When the fulfilment of the request constitutes a violation of laws and regulations.
5. Revision, etc. of personal information
If the Company is requested by Customers, because the Customer’s personal information held by the Company contains errors or because the information has been obtained or used in violation of the Policy or laws and regulations, to correct, add, delete, suspend the use of, or eliminate information, then the necessary investigation will be carried out without delay, and ascertaining that there are grounds for the request, the Company will respond appropriately.
6. Procedures for disclosure, correction, etc. of personal information and complaints
Please contact the Company using the following methods for matters concerning personal information, inquiries about personal information, and the disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information.
[Website] Click here for inquiries
7. Changes or revisions to the Policy
The Company may elect to change or revise this Policy. If the changes are significant, the Company will provide a notice on its website. Customers are kindly requested to confirm the contents of the webpage when they visit the page and understand the Company’s policy for handling personal information.
8. Cookies Policy
- What are cookies?
- How to manage your cookies preferences
- How long do we retain cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work or to work more efficiently. Cookies help our Website to recognize your device and remember anonymized information about your visit.
We use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage statistics in order to understand how visitors access and use our Website. We use information collected through cookies to help improve our Website and to compile aggregate statistics about how our Website is used by visitors. We do not collect your personal information on our site. Learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses data here.
Most browsers allow you to manage your cookies preferences by changing your browser settings. You may thus set your browser to:
(i) automatically accept or refuse all cookies;
(ii) automatically accept or refuse first party cookies and/or third party cookies; or
(iii) notify you before any cookies are set on your terminal equipment so that you get the opportunity to accept or refuse such cookies.
Please note that if you block cookies, your experience on our Website may be impacted as we may not be able to provide you with full access to all functionalities and contents of our Website.
We do not specify the retention period of cookies.